Wednesday Mornings from 10am - 1pm
July 6, 2022 - August 24, 2022
Become sewing savvy with expert fit and finishing techniques. Create garments using patterns of your choice. Speed up your sewing with 20+ efficient techniques for seams, hems, darts, facings, linings, pockets, bias binding and more.
Prerequisites: The Basic Sewing or equivalent
Note: We will provide sewing machines for students in class.
What students need to have:
- basic sewing kit
- approximately 20 hours for homework
- sewing machine
- Serger (overlock)
- some notions for exercises
Supplies fee: $40
Address: 3033 Carling Ave. Unit 204
Please review our policies before registering.
Clothing Construction on Wednesday Mornings
- Please register early for classes, as we require time to prepare kits and class handouts.
- You do not need to bring your own sewing machine to class, but you do need to bring your own sewing kit.
- There is a $30 supply fee which needs to be paid upon the first class. This fee includes sewing/pressing equipment, needles, thread, fabric samples, etc.
- Please read the prerequisites in the class descriptions to ensure that you meet the level required for the class material. If you feel you may not meet the prerequisites, don't hesitate to contact us for clarification and help selecting a class.
- Unless stated otherwise, classes and workshops that are listed here are for adult participants. Visitors, including infants and children are not permitted in classes or workshops.
- You may register for classes online, or over the phone (613-617-4042)
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- Written notice of cancellation may be processed for a course refund (minus a 10% admin fee) by advising Green Needle a minimum of two weeks prior to the course starting date.
- Cancellations received 1 week prior to the course commencing are eligible for 50% refund unless there is a wait list for the course. This includes the admin fee.
- Cancellations within the final week prior to the course are non-refundable unless there is a waiting list for the course and the course can be run with full attendance.
- In the rare event that our minimum class enrolment is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the class. Classes with insufficient registration will be cancelled with 72 hours notice given to those who are registered in the class. In cases where we cancel a class, students will be offered a full refund of the registration fees.
- If a course must be cancelled due to COVID19 related restrictions and guidelines set by the government, students will automatically receive a course fee credit which can be used at Green Needle for up to two years. The course can also be sold or gifted to someone by advising Green Needle in writing including the names of the designated student that will replace the original student.