Swap, don’t shop! Repair, don’t toss!
Date: Saturday August 20, 2022
Place: 3033 Carling Ave. 204, Ottawa
What you need:
- Bring clothing or textiles in need of repair, and learn how to alter, darn, felt, and patch your way back to wearable clothing through one on one and hands-on demonstrations with Ludmila – Tailor and Alteration Expert!
- Bring all your unwanted clothing (don’t forget shoes, jewellery, scarves, and other accessories)
- no limit to how much you can bring or take, but no hoarding of items or taking items to sell later
- items should be relatively clean – from storage is okay as long as there are no strong odours or other storage related issues
- damaged items are okay to bring (we can fix them together)
- leftover items will be repurposed or donated to charity
- bring a bag or two (or more) to take home your items
- if you’re bringing things to swap, come at 6:00pm to organize your clothes
First come, first fixed! All welcome to take part in the swap and watch demonstrations, without bringing items to fix.