Friday, February 16
9am - 1pm
Has your child always wanted to learn to sew? Not quite sure how to get started? Have no fear, we've got you covered with one-day Sewing Camp!
No prior sewing experience is necessary. It's ideal for kids between 8 years and 14 years old who would like to learn to sew and stitch and/or who already have an established desire for sewing, design and crafts. Ludmila Popova – a sewing expert and teacher will guide you to the Magic of Sewing with The Green Needle! At the end of the day, you will know how to operate a sewing machine and hand stitching; repurpose T-shirt, and to create a fun game to play with your family and friends!
What you'll learn
- Know how to use a sewing machine and iron safely.
- Identify the parts of a sewing machine.
- Thread a sewing machine and wind a bobbin correctly.
- Practice basic stitching skills creating corners and curving lines.
- How to sew 3 different basic stitches on a sewing machine
- Hand sewing techniques (buttonhole stitch, button attachment)
- To make games for family and friends.
- And much more!
Complete 4 creative projects from start to finish:
1. Drawstring Bag
2. Self – made games for family adn friends
3. Denim Key Holder
4. Restyling T-shirt
The students will be supplied with materials for the projects, thread, sewing equipment and